After completing course students have access to online student book for 2 years
HeartCode BLS ucm_435124 Online fee $28.50
E-card or Paper card fee is $7.00
BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. This course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings (students choose one of these two tracks when completing HeartCode BLS). The BLS course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills.
After successfully completing the BLS course, students should be able to:
- describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- describe all the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- perform high-quality CPR on adults, children, and infants
- describe the importance of early AED use and demonstrate using one
- provide effective ventilations with a barrier device
- describe the importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants.
Key Features and Benefits
HeartCode BLS is the online portion of the BLS course when taken in a blended-learning format. It uses a variety of eLearning assets — such as dramatizations, e-Simulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities — to teach students BLS knowledge and skills. After completing the online portion, including passing the online exam with a score of 84% or higher, students attend a structured Instructor-led classroom session that focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols, and skills testing.