BLS / Heartsaver Instructor Renewal
Class time: 4 hours
In Class Assignment
Each student is required to teach a 5-10 minute BLS Providers skill to your fellow classmates before end of class time. 5-10 minute Skills teaching Assignment /topics are assigned at the beginning of the class by the TCF and given to each student.
After Class Assignment
All Instructors must complete the free online 2015 Guidelines Instructor update for the discipline you are going to teach. You will fax certificates to the Training Center you have aligned with. Once this is faxed you are free to start teaching 2015 BLS AHA classes. The 2015 Guideline Instructor update is found on the ahainstructornetwork.org. or click Launch below for the discipline you are going to teach.
BLS and Heartsaver 2015 LAUNCH This Course
In order to take this course:
- Current BLS or Heartsaver Instructor card holder.
- Participants must have taught 4 AHA BLS Provider or Heartsaver classes.
- All US AHA Instructors must complete their required science update by February 15, 2016, in order to continue teaching AHA courses. You must fax certificates to the Training Center you have aligned with. Once this is faxed you are free to start teaching 2015 BLS AHA classes.
Please note: The AHA recommends that BLS Instructors who teach Heartsaver courses should also complete the AHA Guidelines Heartsaver Instructor Update Course.
Course Materials needed for the BLS Instructor Course:
- BLS Provider Instructor Manual $45.00
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR & AED Instructor Manual $65.00
- BLS Provider Student Manual $18.00
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR & AED Student Workbook $18.00
- All AHA Student Card fees: $7.00 (discounts may apply)
There is an additional Training Center Alignment Fee of $40 (fee includes your instructor card) if aligning in Spokane INHS Health Training. This fee is paid to INHS Health Training after you are monitored teaching during your first class and all of your instructor paperwork is complete.
Instructor Certification is valid for 2 years. Participants must have taught 4 AHA BLS Provider or Heartsaver classes and hold a current card to be able to take a Instructor Renewal Course. The first course taught evaluated by a BLS Training Center Faculty is not included in the 4 needed in 1 year.